- 18-Apr-2017 to 12-May-2017 (CST)
- Peterborough, ON, CAN
- Full Time
FLEXIBILITY, INTEGRITY & INNOVATION
Flying Colours Corp is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. With facilities in Canada, USA, and Singapore our continued growth and success is driven by our talented workforce that embody our core values: integrity, innovation and flexibility.
Junior Health and Safety Coordinator
Due to continued growth, Flying Colours Corp. is seeking a Junior Health and Safety Coordintor. This position is located in Peterborough, ON, CA.
The Junior Health and Safety Coordinator will assist the SMS Manager/H&S Coordinator in ensuring compliance and maintenance of Occupational Health & Safety Management systems and applicable legal requirements.
Under the guidance of the SMS Manager/H&S Coordinator:
- Assist with developing and maintaining Occupational Health and Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Assist and coordinate the execution of the Occupational Health and Safety objectives;
- Participate with the JHSC and prepare meeting minutes and agendas;
- Ensure that new employee and recurrent Health & Safety training and documentation is completed;
- Develop, manage and deliver safety training programs with up-to-date legislation including: safe work practices, WHMIS, Aerial Lift Platform, Forklift, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Transportation of Dangerous Goods etc.;
- Assist in the development and organization of training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials. Data entry, Word documents, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Regularly monitor the Company's performance on safety aspects, Supervisors' observations and other items as directed. Providing options to mitigate or eliminate gaps;
- Conduct work site incident investigations and workplace hazard assessments and provide recommendations to reduce/eliminate hazards;
- Ensure safety audits are done on a timely basis;
- Maintain an up-to-date SDS database;
- Responsible for Hazardous Waste Management initiatives;
- Assists in the processing, tracking, recording, and reporting of accident and incident data;
- Consult with Human Resources Manager on WSIB matters, return-to-work, job accommodation/modification requests, medical leaves and all safety/SMS matters that require corrective action;
- Provide administrative support to the SMS Manager/H&S Coordinator;
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Additional training and certification in Adult Education an asset.
- 1 year of experience in a Health and Safety role within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate training in the workplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting and working with the OHS act, WSIB, Fire Code, Canada Labour Code Part II and other applicable regulations.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel and have the ability to work with an electronic Records Management system, including, scanning, filing and searching for documents.
- Excellent analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills including knowledge of effective workplace safety audit techniques.
- Good public and employee relations skills; the ability to support and facilitate positive relationships and deal with contentious situations and issues.
- The ability to work with minimum direction and self-manage competing priorities and workload.
- Aviation experience an asset.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (occasional overtime may be required)
How to Apply
While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact those applicants under consideration for interview.
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, member of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.