- 10-Apr-2017 to 31-May-2017 (CST)
- Chesterfield, MO, USA
- Full Time
FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier service center.
Perform duties to assist and support the Controller and act as liaison and coordinator for monthly accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Record journal entries and post to general ledger; analyze and research accounts; reconcile and verify all accounts receivable/payable entries to ensure accuracy; generate financial statements; review additions to the Chart of Accounts and update the financial statement layout as required.
- Prepare manager's analysis (spreadsheet) on work orders to identify costs and margins; provide to controller for review and distribution
- Provide supervision and direction to the staffing and operational functions of accounts receivable; coordinate month-end, reconcile any discrepancies with customer accounts and issue authorized credits; review final customer invoices; track payment to ensure proper application to job; complete federal excise tax, use sales tax returns, and reconcile all tax returns.
- Investigate new customer credit rating, establish line of credit and payment terms; oversee all collections and distribute weekly report on outstanding receivables to sales department; review and analyze aging reports for adjustments.
- Provide supervision and direction to accounts payable; coordinate month-end, interface with supervisor on Contra accounts to ensure proper payment to vendor.
- Set up new procedures as required for Accounts Payable/Receivable.
- Track daily deposits/payments and serve as liaison with bank to manage cash flow. Prepare weekly cash flow summary and meet with executive staff to project cash flow needs.
- Oversee adjustments to inventory to ensure following correct procedure; create and maintain asset schedules to document the value of company assets.
- Assist Controller with special projects i.e., budgets, customer analysis, etc., as required.
- Reconcile payroll bank account; review and sign-off on all other bank reconciliations.
- Serve as backup for Controller.
- Review work-in-progress report to ensure proper accrual of billed income.
- May include other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Broad knowledge of general accounting principles, involving the use of theoretical knowledge, equivalent to a college or university education. Minimum of three years and up to and including five years of experience in similar or related positions with specific experience in accounting in order to gain sufficient knowledge to fulfill the duties of the position. Strong Excel skills and dealing with complex accounting systems & databases
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with others.
- Confident in using Microsoft and accounting software programs.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the position.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer