- 04-Apr-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Peterborough, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Flying Colours Corp is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. With facilities in Canada, USA, and Singapore our continued growth and success is driven by our talented workforce that embody our core values: integrity, innovation and flexibility.
Due to continued growth, Flying Colours Corp. is seeking a Buyer. This position is located in Peterborough, ON, CA.
The Buyer is responsible for procurement and expediting of rotables, consumables and materials required to meet FCC production schedules as well as the quality and price.
- Manage and coordinate manufactured components from outside suppliers in accordance to the Master Production Schedule
- Purchase aircraft hardware, paints, and building supplies and related requirements to support the manufacturing process
- Obtain quotes, prepare price analysis and recommendations
- Identify cost savings, negotiate prices and delivery terms
- Liaise with various departments including Program Management, Sales, Planning, Maintenance and Interior Completions
- Manage order points, inventory levels and lead times to identify and lead action required to reduce and improve
- Discuss unacceptable or inferior quality materials with inspection or quality control departments and take corrective action with suppliers
- Develop new suppliers as required
- All other duties as assigned
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the position.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years purchasing experience in aerospace and manufacturing environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Managing Projects and Processes
- Achievement Oriented
- Sense of urgency
- Productive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to take on new assignments as required
- Must work under deadlines and related stresses in a timely manner
- Must be able to handle various personnel and other situations as they arise in a professional manner
- Ability to work overtime/weekends on occasion
While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact those applicants under consideration for interview.
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, member of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.