- 23-Mar-2017 to 22-May-2017 (CST)
- Peterborough, ON, CAN
- Full Time
FLEXIBILITY, INTEGRITY & INNOVATION
Flying Colours Corp is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. With facilities in Canada, USA, and Singapore our continued growth and success is driven by our talented workforce that embody our core values: integrity, innovation and flexibility.
As an employee you will have the opportunity to be part of a growing operation. Our employees enjoy competitive wages, group benefits, free uniforms, paid training and apprenticeship opportunities.
Senior Aerospace Mechanical Design Engineer
Due to continued growth, we are currently recruiting an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Peterborough, ON, Canada.
Engineers are responsible for developing customer specifications into manufactureable designs that comply with all statutory requirements, and support projects from concept through the design, prototype, manufacturing and commissioning stages. Incumbents operate under general direction and report into an Engineering Lead or Manager.
- Establishes methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinates work activities with the Engineering Manager
- Provide specialized expertise in the design, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting of structure and mechanical components of aircraft interior design.
- Manage multiple projects & tasks of varying complexity
- Provide advice, consultation and leadership to other team members in the operations group
- Carry out hazard and risk assessments
- Interpret federal codes (Transport Canada), particularly as they pertain to the design and modification of components and subassemblies
- Communicates routinely and thoroughly with all departments involved in projects and aircraft completions
- May compile and analyze test data to ensure operating efficiency of equipment and processes; recommending and making adjustments as required.
- Prepares technical, client, production and other reports, as required.
- Verify the completeness and quality of design, ensuring compliance with Federal and Company or other applicable engineering standards.
- Inform or consult with supervisor in the event that the project schedule or milestones are not met as committed
- Provide design troubleshooting and technical support to production crews as needed.
- When necessary, collaborate with production to resolve technical snags in the most efficient means possible.
- Will be responsible for quality control of in-house engineering and monitoring of engineering firms, to include:
- Translating customer specifications to engineering design key characteristics
- Review of design functional and physical attributes against customer and regulatory requirements
- Managing engineering changes thru updates to drawings and drawing lists
- Issue design corrections or updates as needed to ensure continued accuracy.
- Promotes a team environment among staff
- Must follow established procedures and all Health, Safety and Environment policies at all times
Experience and Qualifications
- A degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar role;
- Expertise in design, testing, and risk analysis of mechanical systems and aircraft structures
- Basic knowledge of applicable standards and regulations (in particular CAR425/FAR25 and CAR529/FAR529 as it applies to aircraft interiors).
- Candidates must be able to adapt to organization changes, new procedures, and new methods.
- Candidates must have excellent report writing, problem resolution, communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent communication and project management skills;
- Preference will be given to candidates with P.Eng accreditation, eligibility for P.Eng, or a foreign equivalent registration;
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com in MS-Word or PDF format indicating job title in the subject line of your email, as well as your shift preference.
Please note: applicants must have current legal status to work in Canada.
While we appreciate all resumes received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Flying Colours Corp is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, members of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.