- 21-Mar-2017 to 20-May-2017 (CST)
- Peterborough, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Flying Colours Corp is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. With facilities in Canada, USA, and Singapore our continued growth and success is driven by our talented workforce that embody our core values: integrity, innovation and flexibility.
Due to continued growth, Flying Colours Corp. is seeking an experienced Avionics Engineer. This position is located in Peterborough, ON, CA.
The Avionics Engineer is a skilled and competent avionics systems designer, draftsman, and project manager. It is expected that he/she contributes to the technical design and drawing of avionics systems on a daily basis. In addition to those technical activities, the Avionics Engineer is expected to plan and monitor the release of all wiring diagrams, interface with other engineering departments or agencies, ensure avionics parts are purchased and verify that system design complies with all regulatory and certification requirements. As a result of this diverse list of responsibilities and high level of coordination, interaction, and communication with other functions, departments, companies, and suppliers, the "project management" discipline has been included in the job description.
The Engineer shall:
- Ensure that all wiring and electrical installations reflect the requirements as detailed in the customer specification.
- Inform the project Sales Director if specification errors or omissions that affect system functionality are discovered.
- Verify the completeness and quality of each wiring diagram, ensuring compliance with FCC Avionics Drawing Standards, latest applicable revision or other applicable engineering authority.
- When quality or timeliness of drawings or other tasks does not meet minimum expectations, advise immediate supervisor.
- Inform or consult with supervisor in the event that the project schedule or milestones are not met as committed.
- Notify supervisor of all schedule changes.
- When necessary, collaborate with the aircraft lead to resolve technical snags in the most efficient means possible.
- Issue drawing corrections or updates as needed to ensure continued drawing accuracy. Liaise with external engineering firms as needed to support the RFE process.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering department, suppliers, or certification authorities to ensure information is available as needed by all project stake holders.
- Harmonize the drawing release schedule so as to ensure that the drawing release dates meet FCC schedule requirements.
- Ensure that outsourced drawing quality standards are aligned with those of FCC and comply with FCC Avionics Drawing Standards, latest applicable revision.
- Act as a single point of contact between the outsourced firm and FCC for all avionics design questions and/or communication.
- Initiate and follow the resolution of all RFE's, ensuring that solutions or drawing corrections are communicated to aircraft crew lead.
- Frequent or occasional periods of time are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally required to stop or lift light material or equipment.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area which is air conditioned or climate controlled. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion, e.g.: moderate background noise levels.
- Occasional to frequent need to give concentrated attention, either hearing, seeing, visualizing, drafting, to what is happening and work being performed.
- Pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands exists.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
A degree in engineering or drafting with preference given to candidates with a degree in Electrical Engineering and those with P.Eng. accreditation or eligibility for such registration in future, although this is not required for all positions. In addition:
- 5-10 years of experience
- Excellent communication, project management, and computer skills - AutoCAD required
- Expertise in design, testing, risk analysis, project management
- Candidates must have excellent report writing, test analysis, problem resolution, communication and presentation skills
- Ideally, candidates have knowledge of Project Management methodologies and have demonstrated experience in the use of this, together with Project Management software (such as MS Project or similar).