- 13-Mar-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Chesterfield, MO, USA
- Full Time
FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier service center.
Reporting to a Manager, (a "Manager/Supervisor"), the Crew Leader is responsible for the co-ordination, scheduling and activities of area-operations. In addition to fulfilling technical or operational responsibilities on-the-job, the Crew Leader schedules, supervises and coordinates the activities of personnel, assigning and monitoring work. S/he ensures that work meets established quality standards and SOP's. The incumbent has responsibility for overseeing staff health & safety, environment, productivity, and quality priorities, ensuring that all of these issues are addressed and optimized, with any irregularities being addressed immediately or reported to the Manager / Supervisor promptly for further action.
- Crew Leaders coordinate and lead a Team of Technicians but remain responsible for 'hands-on' operational work with the Team.
- Establishes methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinates work activities with the Manager / Supervisor.
- Requisitions materials and supplies for daily tasks.
- Ensures the proper use and (preventative) maintenance of department equipment, instruments and parts.
- Assign tasks to subordinates in the Crew:
- Assign specific job to each employee as needed.
- Clearly define what is to be accomplished, stating quality and timing expectations.
- Ensure that all installations conform to appropriate drawing.
- Inform the Supervisor/Manager whenever, errors or omissions that affect drawing accuracy or aircraft conformity are discovered.
- Verify the completeness and quality of each task assigned to subordinates, ensuring compliance with appropriate installation standards or other applicable QA documentation.
- Provide feedback to employee, positive or constructive, relevant to the results they have achieved when tasks are complete.
- When quality or timeliness of performed tasks does not meet minimum expectations, advise Supervisor/Manager.
- Keeps the Manager / Supervisor informed of any operational, safety or housekeeping issues, actions taken or required, and situations in the area.
- Takes corrective action for minor H&S infractions, reporting more serious infractions to Manager / Supervisor for further corrective action or discipline, where appropriate.
- Monitors production and works to ensure optimum staff levels/shifts, making recommendations to the Manager / Supervisor for implementation.
- Trains staff in basic job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Coordinate and communicate all on-aircraft work activities with other department crew leads to ensure teamwork, harmony, and efficiency.
- Schedules staff and monitors work hours and approves overtime accordingly within a mandate established by the Manager / Supervisor
- Promotes a team environment among staff.
- Review time cards daily for persons assigned to his/her crew:
- Ensure snag/task information is accurate. Return to employees for corrections as needed.
- Circle late/left early occurrences and note reason using standard codes if possible.
- Provide first level approval for time off requests. Notify/consult manager for final approval.
- Attend meetings as needed to support ongoing management of staff, aircraft, or departmental issues.
- Other specific duties assigned by supervisor or management. Applies judgment and acts according to FCC's standards for ethics and integrity
- Performs work in a productive, diligent, careful and safe manner.
- Complete any special projects or other tasks as required or assigned. May be assigned to other areas of operations, based on business or customer requirements.
- Works in compliance with all Administrative, Health & Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Incumbents must have seven plus years technical experience in their area of specialization. Crew Leaders may have previous leadership experience and must have the interpersonal skills to lead, manage, coach and develop others. Other interpersonal skill requirements include:
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task and manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- Able to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication (verbal / written) at all levels.
- Able to interact with peers, employees and management effectively.
- Works well under pressure.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the position.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer