- 18-Apr-2017 to 31-May-2017 (CST)
- Chesterfield, MO, USA
- Full Time
FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier service center.
Perform duties required to install, test and adjust Avionics equipment such as radar, radio, pulse, navigation, autopilot, entertainment, instrumentation, electrical and compass systems. Maintain private and corporate aircraft in accordance with current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Perform duties required to install, test, calibrate, and inspect Avionic equipment such as Radar, Radio, Navigation, Pulse, Auto Pilot, Entertainment, Electrical, and Compass systems installed in aircraft.
- Evaluate components of Avionics systems/equipment for defects.
- Test Avionic equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness using associated test equipment.
- Troubleshoot Avionic and airframe systems and equipment to isolate defective component. Remove and replace defective components in accordance with manufacturer technical documentation or aircraft maintenance manuals.
- Retrofit Avionic and airframe systems in accordance with Avionic manufacturer's specifications, aircraft manufacturer's service bulletins, and FAA guidelines.
- Test and calibrate newly installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments and tests to determine operational status of Avionic/airframe systems.
- Remove and install aircraft interior components to gain access in order to complete repairs.
- Test and deep cycle aircraft batteries in accordance with manufacturer's specifications using proper test equipment.
- Inspect and return to service Avionic and airframe systems with respect to work performed.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Three (3) years of experience in a similar/related position or equivalent experience as a technician troubleshooting and repairing various Avionic and airframe systems. High school diploma or equivalent. FAA Repairman Certificate. FCC license preferred but not required. Thorough knowledge of Avionic technology with specific knowledge in the primary Avionics systems, equivalent to three (3) years of technical training. Completion of applicable repair station "Inspector" classroom training and written test.
- High degree of abstract reasoning
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to read and understand technical literature and manuals.
- Detail oriented
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the position.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer