- 01-Feb-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Chesterfield, MO, USA
- Full Time
FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier service center.
The Avionics Engineer is a skilled and competent avionics systems designer, draftsman, and project manager. It is expected that he/she contributes to the technical design and drawing of avionics systems on a daily basis. In addition to those technical activities, the engineering lead is expected to plan and monitor the release of all wiring diagrams, interface with other engineering departments or agencies, ensure avionics parts are purchased and verify that system design complies with all regulatory and certification requirements. As a result of this diverse list of responsibilities and high level of coordination, interaction, and communication with other functions, departments, companies, and suppliers, the "project management" discipline has been included in the engineering lead job description.
The Engineer shall:
- Ensure that all wiring and electrical installations reflect the requirements as detailed in the customer specification.
- Inform the project Sales Director if specification errors or omissions that affect system functionality are discovered.
- Verify the completeness and quality of each wiring diagram, ensuring compliance with FCC Avionics Drawing Standards, latest applicable revision or other applicable engineering authority.
- When quality or timeliness of drawings or other tasks does not meet minimum expectations, advise immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that drawing release dates support the operations aircraft schedule.
- Inform or consult with supervisor in the event that the project schedule or milestones are not met as committed.
- Notify supervisor of all schedule changes.
- Provide RFE and troubleshooting support to aircraft crew leads as needed.
- When necessary, collaborate with the aircraft lead to resolve technical snags in the most efficient means possible.
- Issue drawing corrections or updates as needed to ensure continued drawing accuracy. Liaise with external engineering firms as needed to support the RFE process.
- Attend meetings as needed to support ongoing work and management of the project, providing support to other organizations as needed:
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering department, suppliers, or certification authorities to ensure information is available as needed by all project stake holders.
- As drawings are completed, ensure completed task cards or snags are signed off as soon as possible. Immediately forward all completed documents to quality/inspection representative.
- In the event that the primary engineering responsibilities for a project has been outsourced to an independent engineering firm, the engineering lead will assume the role of project coordination. In this capacity, he/she will:
- Harmonize the drawing release schedule so as to ensure that the drawing release dates meet FCC schedule requirements.
- Ensure that outsourced drawing quality standards are aligned with those of FCC and comply with FCC Avionics Drawing Standards, latest applicable revision.
- Act as a single point of contact between the outsourced firm and FCC for all avionics design questions and/or communication.
- Initiate and follow the resolution of all RFE's, ensuring that solutions or drawing corrections are communicated to aircraft crew lead.
- Must follow all Health, Safety and Environment policies at all times
- Some off-site travel for projects and extended hours on/off-site may be required from time to time
- Other specific duties assigned by supervisor or management.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
A degree in engineering or drafting with preference given to candidates with a degree in Electrical Engineering and those with P.Eng. accreditation or eligibility for such registration in future, although this is not required for all positions. In addition:
- Excellent communication, project management, and computer skills - AutoCAD required
- Expertise in design, testing, risk analysis, project management
- Candidates must have excellent report writing, test analysis, problem resolution, communication and presentation skills
- Ideally, candidates have knowledge of Project Management methodologies and have demonstrated experience in the use of this, together with Project Management software (such as MS Project or similar).
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer