- 16-Mar-2017 to 15-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Human Resources
- Peterborough, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Health and Safety/Training Assistant
The Health and Safety/Training Assistant will provide administrative and coordination support for the SMS (Safety Management System), Health and Safety, and Training programs at our Peterborough, Ontario, Canada facility.
In your role you will:
- Assist in the development and implementation of job specific training plans.
- Track, monitor and schedule recurrent training schedules. Conduct in-house refresher training.
- Assist in the development and organization of training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials. Data entry, Word documents, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Under the guidance of the Training Coordinator, train and monitor employees in safe work practices and procedures.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by SMS Manager. Research information and create reports.
- Under the guidance of the Training Coordinator, train and monitor employees in safe work practices and procedures, including but not limited to, orientation of new hires, WHMIS, Aerial lift platform, Forklift, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, etc.
- Communicate health and safety-related information to employees and help implement corrective actions and recommendations.
- Participate in hazard assessment and inspection programs.
- Conduct required regular workplace inspections, special inspections and accident investigations. Correct unsafe conditions or practices and ensure hazards are controlled until corrective action is taken.
- Responsible for Hazardous Waste Management initiatives.
- Consult with Human Resources Manager on WSIB matters, return-to-work, job accommodation/modification requests, medical leaves and all safety/SMS matters that require corrective action.
Frequent walk around inspections of all hangars, manufacturing areas and exterior aircraft ramp areas. Occasionally required to lift light materials and/or equipment. Exposure to chemicals.
As our ideal candidate, you meet the following qualifications:
- Completion of College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training in Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Additional training and certification in Adult Education preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a Health and Safety role within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience developing needs assessments and training programs, as well as, facilitating training in the workplace.
- Experience with applicable laws and regulations (i.e., Ontario Health and Safety Act, Canada Labour Code, Transport Canada etc.)
- Understanding of AS9100 and lean manufacturing principles.
- Intermediate level with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Aviation experience an asset.
To sum it up our ideal candidate for this role: you have a youthful energy, positive attitude and are able to handle multiple projects. An effective communicator you have demonstrated superb writing and oratory skills, as well as, the ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization sensitively, tactfully, and professionally at all times. Your work experience and career achievements, highlight your solution-oriented way of working and commitment to confidentiality, strong morals and ethics.
If this describes you then we would love for you to showcase your talents on our team.
How to Apply
Please apply by email (email@example.com) with your resume in MS-Word or PDF format (one attachment only) to be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, members of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.