- 01-Feb-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Chesterfield, MO, USA
- Full Time
FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier service center.
This position deals with the design, modification, integration, testing and certification for the refurbishment and completion of corporate aircraft. The candidate will maintain an active involvement in every step throughout the lifecycle of the modification, completion, integration and airworthiness certification process once a project is initiated.
The Structural Engineer shall:
- Perform a variety of engineering work including aircraft structural design and analysis of repairs as well as modifications and integration of interior and exterior components.
- Be involved in the creation of conceptual and detailed designs for permanent structural provisions required to integrate an interior modification or a completion on corporate aircraft.
- Additional responsibilities may include writing detailed structural substantiation reports for aircraft modifications and other technical reports required to obtain FAA Field and STC approvals.
- Also reviews and checks engineering drawings, plans, computations, estimates and reports for completeness, accuracy, and soundness.
- Must follow all Health, Safety and Environment policies at all times
- Some off-site travel for projects and extended hours on/off-site may be required from time to time
- Other specific duties assigned by supervisor or management.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree in engineering or qualifying years of experience with preference given to candidates who have a background in corporate aircraft completion and interior modifications.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in Corporate Aviation.
- Excellent communication, project management, and computer skills - Excel, Word, AutoCAD and SolidWorks required
- Expertise in design, testing, risk analysis, project management
- Candidates must have excellent report writing, problem resolution, communication and presentation skills
- Candidates must have knowledge of aviation interior fabrication and integration as it pertains to production methodologies and have demonstrated experience in the use of this in the aviation industry.
- Ability and experience in performing structural analysis via classical hand calculations, SolidWorks Simulation and FEMAP/FEA.
- Knowledge of FAA 14 CFR Part 23 & Part 25 aircraft certifications requirements and the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer